WHAT WE DO
We are a full service architecture firm that strives to deliver thoughtful and creative built environments tailored to our client's needs. Our work range from high-end residential (including additions and renovation) to light commercial and institutional projects. We begin every commission with a thorough assessment of the environmental and social context and believe a successful project responds to the site and context appropriately. We consider client participation to be a vital part of the design process and pride ourselves in delivering design that reflects the values and aspirations of a client. We work closely to fit our client's budgetary and contractual needs and provide supporting services to take a design from concept to completion.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- Site Analysis & Planning
- Budget Planning for Project Cost
- Space Planning & Interiors
- Schematic Design & Development
- Contract Documentation
- Contractor Selection & Negotiation
- Contract Observation & Project Close-out
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1999, John Harrison Jones Architect is recognized as a full-service professional design firm that produces distinctive architecture that responds to the environment and achieves clients' goals. We are located in the South Main Arts District of Downtown Memphis, the firm’s talented designers have received numerous awards and honors, including awards from the Memphis Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA); AIA Tennessee; AIA Gulf States Region; Memphis Landmarks Commission; and the University of Arkansas Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design.
ABOUT JOHN H. JONES
Educated at the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design at the University of Arkansas, John H. Jones began his career in architectural design with the firms of Roy P. Harrover and Associates in Memphis, TN, and Bissell Architects in Newport Beach, CA.,
Jones launched his namesake firm in 1999 which has resulted in a studio grounded on fundamental principles of responsible design and individuality and an award winning, creative and thoughtful body of work.
- Honor Citation, AIA Gulf States, 2012
- Merit Award, AIA Tennessee, 2010
- Merit Award, University of Arkansas, Fay Jones School of Architecture, 2010
- Honor Award, AIA Memphis, 2010
- Merit Award, AIA Tennessee, 2003
- Preservation Award, Memphis Landmarks Commission, 2002
- Alumni Award, University of Arkansas, Fay Jones School of Architecture, 1997
- Citation of Merit, AIA Gulf States, 1996
- Honor Award, AIA Memphis, 1996
President’s Award, AIA Memphis, 1997, 1996
“Life on the River.” Delta Magazine, July/August 2003.
“Historic Homes: Recovering the Past.” At Home in Memphis, October 2002.
“Second Homes: Lake Escape.” At Home in Memphis, August 2002.
“A Natural.” Southern Accents, November/December 1997.